Decreased red blood cells and hemoglobin (a protein that helps your blood carry oxygen) is called anemia. Anemia can cause fatigue.
Here are some tips to help deal with anemia:
- Eat small amounts every 2 hours.
- Eat high iron foods. You may have lost your taste for green leafy vegetables, but watermelon, canned green beans, brown, black, white beans and meat all have high iron.
- Light exercise helps. Move your body. For at least 10 minutes a day, move.
- Live like a cat. Nap! Take short naps that don’t interfere with night-time sleep. Balance naps with exercise.
- If you become dizzy when you get up from lying or sitting, get up slowly; hold on to something sturdy, tell your medical team.
How did you / do you work around anemia?