If it’s not one thing, it’s another! If you have diarrhea or constipation, don’t be embarrassed to mention to your medical team.
Constipation can be dangerous if you have a heart or respiratory illness, causing fainting, and chest pain. The best way to not have to bring up constipation with your medical team is to prevent constipation! Here are some tips:
- Exercise daily.
- Walk—even if for 5-10 minutes.
- Raise your knees to your chest a few times like big marching steps.
- Deep knee bends.
- There’s a great move I learned in yoga years ago. Rub your fist on your stomach and rub in a clockwise motion 5-10 times.
- Eat foods high in fiber: Beans, vegetables, whole grains.
- Fiber alone won’t do the trick. You must hydrate to help the fiber move on out.
- Keep fluids going down.
- Prune juice works better than prunes, and warm prune juice works wonders!
- —So does Good and Plenty Candy (black licorice.)
- Check with your doctor before taking stool softeners.